Education: Electronics or Mechatronics engineering qualification (B.E or B.Tech or MTech) from a reputed university
The Embedded Systems Engineer – PCB design is responsible for aiding in the design /development / validation / verification / re-engineer of multi-layer PCB. The candidate should have a background in Electrical or Electronics engineering and should be hands-on with Altium, OrCAD / Allegro or any PCB designing software.
The candidate should have the background necessary to design, build, and test prototype PCBs. Have a good experience with Surface Mount Devices(SMDs), have good experience and knowledge of component selections, understanding of loops and dipoles. Good exposure on designing 4 or multi-layer boards, how to do board zoning, how to manage capacitive and inductive cross talk. How to do the layout for susceptibility. Good experience and exposure working with various microcontrollers and related boards.
Candidate must have sound experience while designing multi-layer PCBs by strictly following various designing and industry standards e.g. BS 6221, UL840 3rd ed., BS3939, EN61800-2, component footprint design, thermal balancing of pad tracks, board edge and tooling, the orientation of components, and many more.
Embedded Systems Engineer should have experience in working with Industrial automation following Industry 4.0, Industrial protocols, control systems and state machines.
- Provide technical guidance in developing new PCB designs and updating existing designs.
- Create and maintain schematics, PCB designs, netlists using OrCAD, Allegro or similar industry-standard PCB schematic and generation soft wares.
- Design Mixed-signal PCB layouts both from own schematics and from schematics generated by other design engineers
- Create and maintain PCB component libraries by referring to the design manuals/datasheets/guidelines.
- Actively participate and interact with various stakeholders
- Take complete ownership of the deliverables with the “First Time Right” approach
- Not only familiarity but strictly follow industry standards for designing/validating PCBs
- Use CAD in preparing PCB assembly and schematic
- You have an Electronics or Mechatronics engineering qualification (B.E or B.Tech or MTech) from a reputed university
- You have a solid experience of a minimum 4-7 years of PCB design, development, and Testing following various industry standards
- Solid experience of minimum 3-4 years working on OrCAD-Allegro is most preferred.
- You have worked on various industrial control protocols and algorithms using CAN bus, Profi bus, Modbus, TCP/IP, Ethernet, RS485, SPI, OPC-UA, Bluetooth, etc.
- You can generate a Gerber file, BOM, etc.
- Have an eye for details and ensure good documentation is prepared as part of the delivery process
- You are passionate about embedded systems, controllers, IoT, IIoT, Industry 4.0
- Analytical, problem-solving, curious, eager to learn
- You can operate with a high degree of autonomy
- You are meticulous as well as a good communicator
- You take ownership and technical lead as a key “Team player”
- You are result driven and committed with a great sense of detail
- You try new ideas, methods and technologies because you are convinced there is always a better way
- You are a real team player and like to learn from experts, peers and colleagues
Nice to have
- Knowledge of PCB fabrication processes & technologies.
- Experience working with analog, digital, and microcontroller circuits.
- Experience in tracing high-speed digital signal circuits
- Experience in tracing low-voltage analog circuits
- Aware or have used tools for reliability engineering to calculate MTBF, failure rates, availability /nonavailability etc
- DFM/reliability of electronic components based on MIL-HDBK-217F or others.
- Can collate the MTBF data or Typical Derating Factor for Duty Cycle from our BOM and generate insights for customers